Interview with the developer of a fantastic app
This interview was posted on the App of the Day Website and can be viewed HERE.
- Name a few of your favorite apps and reason you love them.
- Of course, my 1Hour App is my favorite, but I also use and enjoy Words With Friends and Wordle.
- How long have you been working on this app?
- About six years.
- What need of the user did you have in mind when developing this app?
- We make it easy to print your photos form any phone in one hour at over 18,000 stores like CVS, Walgreens, Duane Reade and Walmart.
- In what way do you think your app is better than similar apps on the market? Please describe in detail what innovation you think you bring and what you are proud of in your app.
- We have the only app that is integrated into all the major retailers in the country. It is intuitive, easy to use, and no credit card is required as the customer only pays when they pick up their photos.
- What are your future plans and expected features of the coming new versions of this app?
- We continue to add more products to our app so consumers can now print enlargements, posters, canvas prints, photobooks and many other products.
- Assuming new users of your app are reading this page. What do you want to ask them to do (contact you about X, Share the app, etc.)?
- Just go to your App store or Play store, download the 1HourPhoto app and have fun preserving your memories for future generations!
The interviewee, Fred Lerner, is the Founder & CEO of Mailpix. Mailpix is Fred’s 7th startup. He completed one IPO and 20 acquisitions, sold two companies to Kodak and others privately. Fred is a United Nations’ Hall of Fame recipient from the International Photographic Council and past President of the Photo Marketing Association International. Mr. Peter Tahmin, who arranged this interview, is the Co-founder, COO & CMO of Mailpix. Previously, Peter was VP in charge of RitzPix, an $80 million online imaging business with 300 retail stores. Peter was also co-founder and COO of Ritz Interactive.